Install webroot on new computer
Webroot Software licenses are transferrable to a new computer, as long as your subscription is still active.
To transfer your software, follow these steps:
Locate your keycode and write it down. The keycode is a string of 20 alphanumeric characters. It is unique and holds the information in regards to your subscription. Your keycode was sent to you in an email from Webroot (if you purchased the product online) or is printed on a package insert or the CD sleeve (if you purchased the product from a store). If you currently have a Webroot SecureAnywhere installed on your computer, you can also view the keycode from the main interface by opening Webroot and clicking My Account.
If your license is for only one computer, or if your license is for multiple computers and you have installed it on the maximum number of systems, you must uninstall the software from your old computer before installing it on the new one (if your old computer is in a non-bootable state, you may skip this step).
To uninstall the Webroot software,
- go to the Windows Start menu,
- select All Programs (or Programs)
- , select the Webroot software,
- and select the Uninstall option.
in order to install or reinstall Webroot on a computer, simply download and run the installer file and enter your key code. To have download and installation instructions , see below
install webroot on new computer
- First of all , click on the link https://www.webroot com/safe
- And on this page the download file is already there and it will be downloaded automatically if you have a google chrome browser . If you are using internet explorer (blue E) then a it will show you a option to save in the bottom. You need to click on save.
- Now it will show you another option to run you just need to click on run.If you do not find the download file , then you just need to press ctrl+j at the same time in order to open your download.
- If you successfully run the download file then it will show you a box , where you can put your keycode.( Keycode is a 20 digit alphanumeric set which is on the back of your card)
- Press agree and install
- Finally Now your computer will prompt and you need to click on “yes”